FabFilter - Pro-L 2
Pro L2 is a major update to the Pro-L limiter plug-in. With four brand-new limiting algorithms, "Modern" for general all-purpose limiting , "aggressive" for EDM and rock music, "Bus" specific for drums and individual track limiting and "Safe" which avoids distortion at all costs. Also newly added is the true peak limiting mode which makes it extremely easy to hit a maximum true peak target.
Combined with improved true peak metering and extensive loudness metering that's compliant with the EBU R128, ITU-R BS.1770-4, and ATSC A/85 standards. Complete support for surround audio with flexible channel linking makes FabFilter Pro-L 2 much more versatile in multi-channel scenarios, while the sound quality is even higher than before with up to 32x linear phase oversampling.
New features like a DC offset filter, external side chain triggering for stem mastering, and a Unity Gain option ensure that Pro-L 2 is the solution to any mastering challenge.
The unique real-time level display is now even more effective with new innovative display modes, including an Infinite mode that shows all audio for an entire session. Moments of significant gain reduction are highlighted with peak labels to give additional insight in the limiting process. The interface has been carefully redesigned to be aesthetically pleasing with a perfectly optimized workflow.Features
- Great transparent sound combined with maximum loudness
- Four different limiting algorithms, all with their own character
- Low CPU usage
- Highly accurate output and gain reduction metering
- Adjustable meter scale, including K-System support
- Unique, highly informative real-time level display
- Optional Compact interface layout
- Adjustable look-ahead, attack and release settings
- Separate channel linking for both the transient and release stages
- Up to four times linear-phase oversampling
- Advanced dithering with three different noise shaping algorithms
- Inter-sample peak detection
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- Double-click text entry of parameter values
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
- MIDI Learn
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
"I fell in love with the Pro-L right away with its incredible sound and intuitive interface. Then, when I dove deeper into the 'advanced' settings, it was case closed."
"FabFilter Pro-L is another Triumph for FabFilter: easy to use and with valuable visible feedback to help you understand both how to use it and how your changes are affecting the signal." Verdict: 10/10!
— Music Tech Magazine
- Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 or Vista
- 64-bit or 32-bit
- VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- macOS 10.13 or higher (64-bit only)
- AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Apple Silicon or Intel processor