From a very long time, this wonderful and versatile machine was used by a lot of well know artists and musicians, from a long time now, it is waiting by a lot of computer users to be part of their sound arsenal.
The XILS V+ combines a Vintage 10 band Vocoder, Supreme Top Octave Divider based Strings and Human Voices, or any sophisticated layering of these three elements.
After more than one year of intense modeling deep in the basement of the Xils Laboratories, we offer you this complete recreation of a legend. Its unique vintage vibe and beauty that can only be brought back to life by precisely emulating different ancient and forgotten techniques.
T.O.D : The Top Octave Divider Oscillator provides a unique sound that no samples, or other simple synthesis techniques can reproduce. Emulating the T.O.D, without any aliasing on the whole frequency range, with its pitch and waveform modulation, was a real challenge, worthy of XILS-lab. We are very proud of this effort and offer it to you for your inspiration and enjoyment.
XILS-lab touch : The XILS V+ would not however be a real XILS-lab instrument if we did not add a lot of functions and possibilities that were not present in the original machine, some giving access to its internal circuitry and parameters. And some being totally new.
The XILS V+ features exactly the same possibilities than its famous hardware predecessor but offers a lot more : while a lot of parameters were hidden under the roof of the hardware, Xils-lab put them on the front panel for a wider range of sound possibilities.
The XILS V+ offers:
- One finely tweak and emulated Top Octave Divider aliasing free oscillator, providing up to 49 voices of polyphony.
- Access to a lot of parameters which its hardware model kept secret under the roof.
- One strings section.
- One human voices section.
- One 10 bands vocoder.
- A virtual keyboard ( from which notes can be saved in your presets).
- An Advanced Stereo Space effect.
- A simple but nice sounding reverb.
- A Analog like resonant Phaser.
- Up to 6 free assignable modulation nodes, with up to 14 sources and 24 destinations.
- A special Glide function.
- A finely tweak analog-like pitch tracker.
- All parameters are MIDI controllable.