Wave Arts - Tube Saturator 2
Tube Saturator 2 is a super accurate circuit simulation of a tube pre-amp with analog EQ, which can be overdriven gently for warming effects, or cranked for fat distortion. Like its predecessor, Tube Saturator, TS-2 is based on circuit simulation technology to capture every nuance of an analog circuit.
The circuit consisting of the individual tubes, resistors, and capacitors is converted into a mathematical system of equations which is numerically solved to produce the exact same sound as a real circuit.
But while the original consumed large amounts of CPU power, TS-2 is now super efficient. The Saturation section of TS-2 runs about 7x faster than the original and yet the modelling is even more accurate. TS-2 includes the original circuit simulation of the three band Baxandall type EQ as found in many guitar amplifiers.
In addition to this breakthrough improvement in speed, TS-2 has many new features. You can switch between 12AX7 and 12AU7 tubes for different harmonic characteristics. The EQ can be switched to run pre or post saturation.
Saturation and EQ are separately switchable. Also there is a 2x oversampling mode using a very high quality resampler algorithm. Use 2x mode to attenuate aliased distortion harmonics. Also new is a mix control to blend the processed sound with the original. And finally, TS-2 has a gorgeous new interface.
- Accurate tube preamp simulator using circuit simulation technology
- Two common cathode preamp stages
- 12AX7 and 12AU7 tube models
- Drive control for distortion adjustment
- Baxandall 3-band analog EQ
- Saturation and EQ bypass switches
- High quality 2X oversampling mode
- Wet/dry mix control
- Analog style metering
- No latency
- Up to 192 kHz sampling rate
- Mono or stereo
Requires a host program that supports audio plug-ins.
Macintosh – AU, VST3, AAX
- OS-X 10.11 to MacOS 13 (Ventura)
- Apple Silicon natively supported (AU, VST3, AAX)
- AAX - Pro Tools 11 and higher
- 64-bit hosts only
Windows – VST3, AAX
- Windows 7/8/10/11
- AAX - Pro Tools 10.3.5 and higher
- 32-bit and 64-bit hosts supported