DRUM LEVELER is a new beat detection-based downward and upward compressor/expander and gate.
By selectively applying gain to single drum beats, Drum Leveler easily achieves the desired target level for each beat without affecting bleed noise or any beats that are out of the user-defined processing range.
DRUM LEVELER is powerful yet easy to use. It will help you achieve solid driving grooves, improve clarity and add punch to any percussive performance.
DRUM LEVELER brings a new, radical approach to drums' dynamics control. We'd like to encourage you to take the time and explore Drum Leveler to unleash its full power.
Unlike traditional envelope followers that detect incoming levels and utilize VCA to apply gain changes, DRUM LEVELER uses an advanced algorithm that takes full advantage of the digital domain and allows unparalleled transparent and phase-accurate control over your drums' dynamics.
INTUITIVE & EASY TO USE
DRUM LEVELER's innovative dual HIGH / LOW THRESHOLD and TARGET LEVEL controls bring an unprecedented level of control that was not possible before. Just select the dynamic range of the drum hits you would like to work on and set the TARGET LEVEL to your desired value, and DRUM LEVELER will adjust the level of each beat accordingly.
DOWNWARD & UPWARD COMPRESSION/EXPANSION
DRUM LEVELER will adjust each beat to bring its level closer to the TARGET LEVEL. Loud beats will be attenuated while softer beats will be amplified by the set COMPRESSSION amount. Setting COMPRESSION to a negative value will expand the dynamics of the performance and liven up any groove.
DRUM SEPARATION & BLEED REDUCTION
Adding the Side-Chain Filter to its unique dynamics action, DRUM LEVELER can be set to focus on individual drum elements and work its magic only on a selected spectral and dynamic range, leaving other elements of your drums unaltered.
The GATE RANGE control can help reduce unwanted bleed or noise transparently without biting into your sound, keeping the original transients fully intact.
- Transparent, beat detection-based simultaneous downward and upward compressor/expander
- Applies gain to each beat individually to achieve set target level
- Gain reduction and expansion is transient-accurate to the drum beat for artifacts-free transients reproduction
- Dual threshold levels allows processing any level range to affect only specific beats within a track such as ghost notes or bleed without affecting other beats
- Mono, Stereo, Dual Mono and Mid/Side operation modes
- Easy to use and intuitive user interface
- Mac: Intel Core CPU, 2GB RAM, OS X 10.6 or higher
- Windows: Intel Core CPU, 2GB RAM, graphics card supporting OpenGL 2.1, Windows 7 or higher
- Plug-in formats: AAX, Audio Unit, RTAS, VST, VST3
- Free iLok account and iLok License Manager (iLok USB key is not required)