Now get the great combination of “For Dummies” fun plus eMedia’s Interactive Feedback technologies to make rock guitar lessons easy and enjoyable. Charles McCrone, a graduate of Guitar Institute of Technology at Musician’s Institute, provides over 70 guitar lessons on how to play electric guitar covering power chords, bar chords (barre chords), riffs and more. Rock Guitar For Dummies teaches basic lead guitar lessons with the blues scale, how to read guitar tabs, plus the use of effects pedals.
Included are classic rock guitar songs by The Kinks, Green Day, Blue Öyster Cult, Nirvana and others to make guitar practice fun while you dig into learning rock, punk and metal guitar styles.
- More than 30 videos, with close-up and split-screen views of both hands, to see the techniques needed to learn how to play guitar.
- Rhythm guitar lessons with rock chords like power chords (both open and moveable power chords), bar chords (barre chords), strumming patterns, palm muting and other techniques.
- Lead guitar lessons that teach string bends, pull-ons, hammer-ons and riffs plus how to play the blues scale.
- eMedia’s Animated Fretboard to show guitar fingerings.
- A tutorial on how to read guitar tabs.
- Jam Tracks to provide a backing band in select guitar lessons to make learning fun. Learn the blues scale, and then practice lead guitar with a band!
- Hit guitar songs like “Don’t Fear the Reaper” (Blue Öyster Cult), “You Really Got Me” (Van Halen/The Kinks) and more!
- Guitar lessons and songs as both audio and MIDI tracks where selections can be looped, slowed or sped up.
- Finger Tracker technology that displays the notes you’re playing on the Animated Fretboard as the guitar software listens to your playing via the computer microphone.
- Integrated guitar software tools with an automatic guitar tuner, chord chart/dictionary, fingering charts, and metronome.