For those eager for greater freedom in shaping sound, Quad Frohmage is very likely to become your favourite tool. The various filters and modulators - and the way that you can combine them - promise countless hours of experimentation. Delve into the essence of sound itself and let the sculptor within you out.
4 bands, each one featuring tempo-syncable delay, pan, 8 types of filter and distortion, and controls for cut-off frequency, resonance, fatness, colour, and damping. They can be connected in every possible way, allowing for creative remixing before the final output stage.
Filter types range from the classic low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, peak and notch, to the more exotic comb, ring modulator and moog-like - a replica of the classic Moog filter. They will do wonders on vocals, but also on drums and percussive elements in general.
This is where things really get serious: every parameter has an advanced LFO module, but also an envelope follower and an xADSR module, all of which can be triggered by MIDI velocity and pitch. All time-related controls can be synced to tempo. Apply modulation on up to three parameters at once.
The interface has been designed to ease the handling of a truly complex tool. 4 oscillator windows dedicated to major modulation parameters provide graphical information in real-time. Features such as flying knobs, preset morphing, grouped parameters and the usual MIDI autobind, make it handy to use live.
Two skins, two paths to the Force
Ohm Force plugins come with two skins: the classic one gives you all the controls in a neat, old school analogue rack-like interface. It's a good point to start learning and get familiar with the plugin's capabilities. The other one, called 'funky', embodies the true spirit of Ohm Force. See for yourself!
As with all Ohm Force plugins
Thanks to auto-bind, you can control any parameter via your MIDI controller. Adjust LFO phase to be in sync with your host's tempo. Save and load settings in no time. Group parameters together for advanced control. Morph between presets to produce surprising transaction effects, sonically as well as visually.
- A Four filters unit that you can assemble in every possible way.
- 30 filter modes for each of those filters.
- Advanced LFO module with 10 LFO types, Sample and Hold and smoothness control.
- Advanced Envelope Follower module with Attack, Hold and Release settings.
- Advanced XADSR module with and extra Sustain time parameter and an incredibly handy Sensitivity setting.
- Apply those modulators to any parameter you want - even the three at the same time, using a factor from -1 to +1.
- Easy BPM synchronization for all the modulation parameters - not only LFO but actually any parameter related to time (like ... say ... attack ... decay ... do you get it ?).
- Handful Copy and Paste feature to duplicate modulation parameters.
- Advanced GUI full of live-dedicated features, such as flying knobs, preset morphing, and grouped parameters...
- Advanced MIDI support with autobind feature and fast configuration.
- Modulation can even been driven by a MIDI keyboard, with either velocity or tone. In this last case, you have the possibility to adjust the frequency of the filter to the corresponding note.