Bandoneon consists of a Philological reproduction of an historic Alfred Arnold Bandoneon made in Germany in the 50s!
His typical sound is based on 2 reeds (Zinc) for each note.
PSound's Bandoneon has been sampled in 4 layers with 2 round robin for a total of 440 samples (1 GB storage)
The Bandoneon chosen for sampling is an historic Alfred Arnold of 50s. 40 keys on the right hand 32 notes in left hand
I recorded the BAndoneon with a Neumann TLM103 large diaphragm microphone thru an amazing Apogee Symphony I/O converter with its own Mic Preamp card for the best audio resolution and musical details. All the 440 samples are in 96kHz/24bit resolution!
By a careful analysis of the sound I found a great variation of the harmonic spectrum during the dynamic range of the reeds. This fact depends on the high quality of the hand made reeds of the instrument. Yes, I tried to reproduce this amazing feature!
LAYERS & FILTERS
I used 4 dynamic layers and 2 round-robins for each note of the instrument.
All the samples of the Bandoneon are perfectly looped with "DSPQuattro" audio editing software. In this way, you can play very long notes from your instruments without interruptions.
The "Full Range" preset consists of both left and right hands notes mixed, it allows you to have a 56 notes (from F2 to C7).
The "Left Hand" preset implements the left hand keys of the Bandoneon, with 32 notes (from G3 to C7).
The "Right Hand" preset implements the right hand keys, with 36 notes (from F2 to C5).
- Alfred Arnold historic Instrument
- 440 Samples
- >1 GB Storage
- 96 kHz Sample rate
- 24 bit resolution
- All sample are perfectly looped
- 4 velocity layers
- 2 Round robin per layer
- key-on and key-off noises
- Adjustable volume for reeds and noise
- right hand and left hand presets
- Powered by UVI Engine XT™
- Requires UVI Workstation v2.5.6 or later
- UVI.net provides UVI Workstation for free!
- UVI Falcon full Compatibility!
- Playable by Motu Machfive too (requires v3.2.1)
- PACE protection system (free iLok account required)
- Macintosh / Windows