It's no easy task to turn a lifeless signal into a warm, punchy sound. Predatohm, a multi-band overdrive with many useful features and capable of producing all kinds of distortion from vintage tube to aggressive blast, does it very well. So well, in fact, that it received a best plugin award from Computer Music!
Guitar players know how valuable a warm, vintage tube sound full of harmonics is. The good news is that you can get this tonal character out of Predatohm very easily. Welcome back to the golden era of tube amps! Used on vocals, you can go as far as to get megaphone or radio effects!
Simplicity of use
Despite a large palette of controls and possibilities, Predatohm remains a very simple plugin to use. You will quickly understand how its interface is organized, be it the classic or the funky skin. For usability's sake, all of the parameters are automatable via MIDI, as with all Ohm Force plugins.
Two skins, two paths to the Force
Ohm Force plugins come with two skins: the classic one gives you all the controls in a neat, old school analogue rack-like interface. It's a good point to start learning and get familiar with the plugin's capabilities. The other one, called 'funky', embodies the true spirit of Ohm Force. See for yourself!
As with all Ohm Force plugins
Thanks to auto-bind, you can control any parameter via your MIDI controller. Adjust LFO phase to be in sync with your host's tempo. Save and load settings in no time. Group parameters together for advanced control. Morph between presets to produce surprising transaction effects, sonically as well as visually.
- First " user-friendly " multiband compressor/expandor ever.
- Choose your weapon : Multiband distortion, with many distortion schemes available.
- Warm, bright sound with the guitar feedback generator.
- Quick and efficient sound shaping provided by the tone setting.
- Make it wide with the Stereo Expander.
- Optional High Quality rendering.
- Integrated preset morphing solution.
- MIDI Automation : control your Predatohm via MIDI. (this feature is only available on Expert and Propack).