NUGEN Audio - Halo Upmix
Multichannel and Stereo to 5.1 and 7.1 upmixer
From naturally extracted and expanded soundscapes to full cinematic big-stage enhancement, Halo upmix delivers with intuitive ease, all the control you need to fine-tune your surround mix to perfection. With unique centre channel management, including switchable dialog extraction, Halo is perfect for all types of production from archive restoration and TV through to the full 7.1 Feature Film experience.
Powerful real-time analysis of the original stereo material identifies and extracts locational cues, to naturally extend the panorama - without the introduction of any artificial reverberation, chorusing or delay into the downmix - leaving the inherent character of the original source intact.
Because Halo generates a coherent spatial sound, you can be assured of a high-quality downmix. The 'exact' mode function ensures ultimate downmix performance where, as in TV re-purposing for instance, maintaining the relationship between the original, upmixed and downmixed versions is imperative.
For those situations that require an immersive cinematic dynamic, full control is available of all the relative surround balances, allowing any surround upmix to be crafted for a perfect blend into the complete 7.1 panorama.
Detailed Centre Channel Control
Centre channel extraction and control is provided for in a separate 'advanced' panel for use when dealing with intricate mixes, where no access to the original stems is available, offering unparalleled control - including neural network based dialogue extraction.
Powerful Spatial Analysis
Halo also includes a powerful spatial analysis view, intuitively showing the energy distribution of the upmixed panorama. Colour can additionally be used to indicate the speaker source for audio in any position, clearly indicating cases including phantom vs hard centre predominance etc.
- Stem and group upmixing
- 7.1 cinematic sound stage enhancement
- TV stereo to surround upmixing with hard centre
- Re-purposing of original stereo for cinematic release
- TV archive enhancement for 5.1 broadcast
- Natural extension of original stereo panoramas and atmospheres
- Including: LCR, 3.1, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0 & 7.1
- Coherent spatial upmix
- 'Exact' downmix mode
- In-place downmix audition
- Preserves character of original audio
- No artificial reverb, chorus or delays introduced to downmix
- Full access to all surround balances
- Neural network dialog extraction
- Low frequency energy dispersal
- Clear phantom vs hard centre control
- Clear visual feedback representing surround panorama
- Workflow enhancing direct control over upmix parameters
- Full LFE control options
Minimum System Requirements
- Mac OSX 10.9.x
- Windows XP or above
- 512 MB RAM
- AAX, VST3, AU, AudioSuite (64-bit)