McDSP - 4020 Retro EQ v7 (Native)
Original Vintage Style Designs-Vintage EQ
The 4020 Retro EQ is a four-band EQ and complimentary filter set. The HF and LF bands are shelving EQ, with two additional parametric EQs at the HMF and LMF bands.
All EQ bands operate on a unique gain dependent variable slope/Q system for a vintage smooth sound and increased boost/cut frequency selectivity high gains. The HPF and LPF filters use a unique split-octave design giving a 12 dB/Oct slope near the selected frequency, and a maximum slope of 24 dB/Oct.
Retro plug-ins are designed for the ultimate vintage vibe, using new and original designs based on McDSP’s decade of industry experience. Retro plug-ins are a line of ‘classics’ that can live up to their own name without emulating something else.
All Retro plug-ins use a McDSP designed output stage topology to eliminate digital clipping at any output level and produce a smoother distortion characteristic. This feature is in addition to the analog saturation modeling that has made McDSP famous over the last decade.
- Unique original algorithms with transparent yet vintage sound
- Variable slope filtering
- Variable Q/slope Shelving and Parametric EQ
- Anti-Clip Output Stage Topology
- Analog Saturation Modeling
- Double Precision Processing
- Ultra Low Latency
- Mono and Stereo versions
**Note - As of v7.0, VST is no longer supported. VST versions of v6 McDSP plug-ins will no longer be updated, and will be uninstalled.
- OS Requirements - Mac: macOS 10.13 or later
- OS Requirements - PC: Windows 10 or later
- Bit Depth: 32-bit, 64-bit
- Format: AAX Native, AU, VST3
- Authorization Type: iLok 2/3 or iLok Cloud (continuous internet connection)
- Hardware Requirements - Mac: Intel Core 2 Duo or higher, 4GB RAM minimum
- Hardware Requirements - PC: Intel Core 2 Duo / AMD Athlon 64 X2 or higher, 4GB RAM minimum