Mackie earned a loyal following in the 90's with their original HR Series studio reference monitors for both their sound quality and affordability. As the demands for the perfect reference monitor become more stringent, Mackie followed up with the new-and-improved HRmk2 series, taking their tried-and-true technology to new heights.
It's trademarked Zero Edge Baffle uses just one cast aluminum piece. Other than catching your eye with its sleek look, it minimizes diffraction and surface vibrations, keeping the sound crystal clear. Its integrated Optimized Waveguide accurately controls dispersion characteristics on- and off-axis, resulting in a wide sweet spot with smooth transitions from lows to highs.
Unlike many other studio monitors which use simple ports to boost the bass response, the HRmk2 speakers have a passive radiator which reproduces the low frequencies at higher sound pressure levels (SPL) without as much distortion. The wood cabinet design with its strategically placed open-cell adiabatic foam material dampen any mid-range standing waves inside the cabinet.
Mackie went to elaborate lengths to make sure each HRmk2 sounds as good as their experts intended. Each one is subject to rigorous testing and pre-screening during the production process, then calibrated and tuned with an environmentally controlled test chamber before final packaging.
They go as far as to provide you with the speaker's "birth certificate" with a chart plotting the frequency difference between it and their "Golden Reference Unit", so you know exactly what this speaker can do for you. For unparalleled quality control for your next reference speaker, try the Mackie HR824 MK2 today.
- Ultra-linear frequency response for accurate mix translation
- 8.75-inch high-precision, low-distortion LF transducer
- 1-inch titanium dome, ferrofluid cooled tweeter
- Optimized Waveguide for wide, even sweet zone
- Twin FR Series amps — 150 W for LF / 100 W for HF
- Cast aluminum Zero Edge Baffle minimizes diffraction
- Full internal damping eliminates mid-range artifacts
- Passive radiator provides tight, articulate bass extension down to 35 Hz
- Acoustic Space, LF roll-off, and HF controls
- OmniMount ready for easy wall/ceiling placement, and can be mounted vertically or horizontally
- THX pm3 certified for surround sound applications
- Perfect for High-Definition audio, cinema and gaming systems
- Includes Pro Tools®|First and The Musician Collection of 23 plugins and instruments
- LED power indicator turns red when input levels are too high
- Balanced XLR, TRS and unbalanced RCA inputs
- 3/4" thick MDF cabinet construction with internal bracing
- Die-cast aluminum exponential wave guide and Zero Edge Baffle
- Open cell adiabatic "foam fill"
- LF Driver: 8.75"
- Sensitivity: 91 dB SPL
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ω
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1.6"
- Power Handling (Long Term/Program): 50/150 W
- Frequency Range: 45 Hz - 6 kHz
- HF Driver:
- Sensitivity: 91 dB SPL
- Nominal Impedance: 6 Ω
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1.0"
- Power Handling (Long Term/Program): 20/50 W
- Frequency Range: 1.6 - 22 kHz
- Passive Radiator: 6" x 12" mass-loaded elliptical flat piston with variable thickness filleted edge rubber surround
- Crossover Section: Modified Linkwitz-Riley, 24 dB/oct. @ 1900 Hz
- Amplifier Section:
- LF Power Amplifier: 150 W @ 4 Ω
- HF Power Amplifier: 100 W @ 6 Ω
- Cooling: Convection
- Inputs: Balanced differential (XLR, 1/4" TRS), unbalanced (RCA)
- Input Impedance: 20 kΩ balance, 10 kΩ unbalanced
- Input Protection: RFI and level protected
- Maximum Input Level: +20 dBu
- Low Frequency Filter:
- -3 dB @ 37 Hz, 2nd-order transitional high-pass filter
- -3 dB @ 47 Hz, 4th order Chebyshev high-pass filter
- -3 dB @ 80 Hz, 4th order Butterworth high-pass filter
- HF Equalization: Shelving ±2 dB @ 10 kHz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 16.8" x 10.8" x 11.4"
- Weight: 34.6 lbs.