FXpansion Zildjian Digital Vault Vol.2 is an exciting collection of orchestral and field cymbal sounds for BFD3, BFD Eco and BFD2. It features a wide variety of Zildjian cymbal recordings as well as a selection of percussive instruments recorded in the same session.
Zildjian Digital Vault Vol.2 includes Classic, K Symphonic and K Constantinople crash and percussion cymbals alongside effect cymbals, gongs, finger-cymbals, crotales, tam tams, temple blocks and more. Playing styles vary from regular sticks and mallets to marching band articulations and clashed, bowed, scraped and water-dipped techniques that provide a huge range of creative sounds.
All instruments are recorded in intricate detail by sampling guru John Emrich, with multiple mics capturing crisp detail and lush room ambience. The versatile range of sounds makes Zildjian Digital Vault Vol.2 suitable for all styles of music and soundtrack work.
Please note: there are no hi-hats or ride cymbals contained within this expansion pack.
Equipment used for the recordings
- Direct: Violet Wedge or Royer 122 into API 3124 preamp
- OH: Violet Flamingo Stereo into an ATI 8MX2 preamps
- Room: Violet Vin50 microphones into ATI 8MX2 preamps
- Ambient: Nevatone 404 stereo mic into Metric Halo ULN2 preamps
- Windows XP SP2, or Windows 7 (Windows)
- OSX 10.5.8, or OSX 10.6.2 and above (Intel Mac only)
- BFD3, BFD2.1 or BFD Eco
- Internet connection for download and authorization