BFD Sleishman Drums comprises a full Sleishman Maple Classic kit (a prototype for the upcoming Omega range), and also comes with a bonus 'lite' Sleishman 14" maple snare (16 velocity layers).
The Maple Classic kit is played with both sticks and rods. The 3 toms feature stunning natural sustain and contain additional Rim Shot and Rim Click articulations when used with BFD3/BFD2. The kick, tuned to produce a very punchy, tight tone, is recorded with felt and rubber beater types.
Equipment used for the recordings
- Kick In - Sennheiser 421 on the beater side / API 3124 preamp
- Kick Out - Neumann FET 47 / API 3124 preamp
- Kick Resonant - Yamaha Sub Kick / Neve VR console channel preamp
- Toms - Violet Design Globe / ATI 8MX2 preamp
- Overhead - Single Flamingo Stereo mic / ATI 8MX2 preamps
- Room - Violet Design M50 prototype mics / Prodigy Engineering Anima preamp
- Amb3 - Nevaton MC404 stereo mic placed in the center of the room / Metric Halo ULN2 preamps
- Windows XP SP2, or Windows 7 (Windows)
- OSX 10.5.8, or OSX 10.6.2 and above (Intel Mac only)
- BFD3, BFD2.1 or BFD Eco
- Internet connection for download and authorization