BFD Oak Custom is an expansion kit for BFD3/BFD2 and BFD Eco featuring a high-end Yamaha Oak Custom drum kit and Bamboo snare.
The resonance and power of oak means that the Yamaha Oak Custom kit delivers drum sounds full of body and devastating low-end response. As usual, the kit is captured in meticulous detail, ready to drop into your BFD3/BFD2 and BFD Eco productions.
A bonus 'lite' (16 velocity layers) Yamaha Bamboo snare completes the BFD Oak Custom pack.
This download-only BFD v2.1 expansion kit includes toms played with sticks, mallets, and rods. The kick is provided in both wood and felt beater versions. The snare is played with sticks, and provided with the snare-strainer on and off.
New v2.1 articulations include 'rim shots' and 'rim clicks' on the toms (when hit with sticks). The snare also offers 'rim clicks' in addition to its standard articulations, as well as support for positional sensing when used with electronic drums.
- Oak Custom 8"x10" Tom
- Oak Custom 9"x12" Tom
- Oak Custom 10"x13" Tom
- Oak Custom 14"x14" Floor Tom
- Oak Custom 16"x16" Floor Tom
- Oak Custom 17"x24" Bass Drum
- Yamaha Bamboo 6"x14" Snare Drum
- Remo Heads
- Snare - Coated Ambassador
- Toms - Coated Emperor
- Bass Drum - Powersonic
All drums were recorded at Omega Studios in Rockville, MD.
As an additional bonus, Yamaha Oak Custom comes complete with free cases! Useful for percussion or experimental drum-layering, these kit-pieces are created from recordings of the Yamaha drum cases being played with sticks. Recordings of the 10", 12", 14", and 24" drum cases are provided.
There are no hi-hats or cymbals included with this expansion kit.
However, all the bundled presets are designed around the cymbals in BFD2, and can be easily set up to play with electronic drumkits such as the Yamaha DTXtreme series using BFD2's mapping functionality.
Equipment used for the recordings
- Kick In - Shure Beta 52 / API 3124 preamp
- Kick Out - Neumann FET 47 / API 3124 preamp
- Kick Resonant - Yamaha Sub Kick / Neve VR console channel preamp
- Snare Top - Shure Beta 57A / API 3124 preamp
- Snare Bottom - EV N/D457 / API 3124 preamp
- Snare Side - Violet Design Flamingo Jr. / ATI 8MX2 preamp
- Toms - Violet Design Globe / ATI 8MX2 preamp
- Overhead - Matched pairs of Nuemann KM184s or Violet Design Black Knight mics / ATI 8MX2 preamps
- Room - Violet Design Globe with protoype omni capsules / Focusrite Red preamps
- Amb3 - Nevaton MC404 stereo mic placed in the center of the room / Metric Halo ULN2 preamps
- Windows XP SP2, or Windows 7 (Windows)
- OSX 10.5.8, or OSX 10.6.2 and above (Intel Mac only)
- BFD3, BFD2.1 or BFD Eco
- Internet connection for download and authorization