BFD Dunnett Ti is an expansion kit featuring a full set of hand-made prototype Titanium drums from renowned master drum-builder Ronn Dunnett, whose creations are some of the most sought-after drums for major studios and top drummers. With shells made from solid titanium, the Dunnett Ti kit is one of the most advanced all-metal drumkits ever created, and is suitable for all styles of music that demand powerful, musical drums. As well as two kicks and five toms, the package features a Dunnett snare drum and a full set of cymbals.
In addition to detailed direct, overhead and room mic sets, BFD Dunnett Ti contains an amp channel when used in BFD3/BFD2, which can be dialled in to provide a variety of aggressive but organic drum sounds. Provided in the Amb3 mic channel, it features the kit fed through a Sovtek Mig 60 amp and Marshall 4x12 cabinet, mic'd with Royer 122 ribbons in a Blumlein configuration.
BFD Dunnett Ti is recorded in the same room with the same studio conditions as the Jazz & Funk, B.O.M.B., JEX, Decatom, Sleishman and Yamaha expansion libraries. It has also been designed to sound great with BFD3/BFD2's built-in library as well as with BFD libraries recorded in other locations.
This expansion pack provides snare, tom, hihat and cymbal kit-pieces played with sticks. Toms include rim shot and rim click articulations, while the snare offers rim clicks as well as support for electronic drums positional sensing when used in BFD3/BFD2.
The kick is recorded with felt and wood beaters.
- 14"x24" Kick (full front head)
- 14"x26" Kick (full front head)
- 16"x18" Floor Tom
- 16"x16" Floor Tom
- 9"x13" Tom Tom
- 8"x12" Tom Tom
- 8"x10" Tom Tom
- 6.5"x14" Snare
- 24" Paiste 2002 Ride
- 18" Zildjian Constantinople Crash
- 16" Zildjian A Thin Crash
- 14" Hi Hat with Zildjian New Beat top and Paiste 2002 Bottom
Remo White Emperor drum heads were used on the toms and kick (no holes in the front kick drum head). The snare used a coated Remo Ambassador head.
All drums were recorded at Omega Studios in Rockville, MD., USA. Special thanks go out to Adam Stamper and Scotty O'Tool for engineering assistance and Cephas Jackson for photography.
Equipment used for the recordings
- Kick In: Shure SM7 / API 8SMX2 preamp
- Kick Out: Neumann FET 47 / Vintech 1272 preamp
- Kick Sub: Yamaha Subkick / API 3124 preamp
- Snare Top: Shure Beta 57 / API preamp
- Snare Side: Violet Designs Wedge / ATI preamp
- Snare Bottom: EV 457 / ATI 8SMX2 preamp
- Hi-hat: Nevaton MC49 / ATI 8MX2 preamp
- Toms: Violet Design Globe / API 3124 preamp
- Cymbals: Nevaton MC49 / ATI 8MX2 preamp
- OH: Violet Design Flamingo Stereo / ATI 8SMX2 preamps
- Room: Violet Design Globe with prototype Vin 50 omni capsules / ATI 3124 preamps
- Amb3: Shure model 55 (original) / Vintech 1272 / Distressor (6:1, 1% THD ) - into a Sovtek Mig60 amp / Marshall 4x12 cabinet - mic'd with a pair of Royer 122s in Blumlein pair via ATI 8SMX2 preamps
- Windows XP SP2, or Windows 7 (Windows)
- OSX 10.5.8, or OSX 10.6.2 and above (Intel Mac only)
- BFD3, BFD2.1 or BFD Eco
- Internet connection for download and authorization