FabFilter - Saturn 2 (Upgrade)
**This Upgrade is for registered owners of Saturn 1**
Beautiful new interface with modulation visualization
Saturn 2 looks better and flows faster than ever. The darker color scheme makes the plug-in easier to look at for extended sessions, and four interface size options and a stunning full-screen mode enable adaptation to any workspace.
Modulation is now comprehensively visualized at both source and target, too, with color-coded collars and tracks on knobs and sliders animating in response to modulation input, the source flow area giving an eye-catching overview of all mod signals, and indicators on controls and bands showing which parameters are being modulated at a glance.
More distortion types
Saturn 2 almost doubles the number of distortion styles onboard from 16 to 28. 'Subtle' versions of the Tape, Tube and Saturation styles provide low-intensity warming, while four new British (Rock, Pop) and American (Tweed, Plexi) Amp styles perfectly model well-known guitar amplifiers, three Transformer styles (Subtle, Gentle, Warm) open up abrasive new possibilities, and the Foldback and Breakdown FX styles reshape and mutate your sounds beyond recognition, the latter combining down-pitching with heavy distortion.
Big modulation changes
With virtually no limit placed on the combination of 16-step XLFOs, Envelope Generators, Envelope Followers, XY Controllers and MIDI sources you can use in a preset, Saturn has always been serious about creative modulation, and Saturn 2 takes the whole system to the next level.
Curve the Envelope Generator's Attack, Decay and Release stages for a smoother or more aggressive response, activate the Envelope Follower's new Transient detection mode to tightly track drums and percussion, and route discrete band inputs to both Envelope sources as triggering signals - pulverize your hi-hats to the rhythm of the kick drum, for example.
The XY Controller's new Slider mode, meanwhile, slims it down to vertical-only operation, and the XLFO benefits from legato MIDI triggering and targeting of the Frequency Offset and Balance parameters for modulation. And with custom naming of individual mod sources now possible, you can customize your Saturn 2 presets for effortless navigation.
Mastering grade saturation
The new 'Subtle' saturation types make Saturn 2 the mastering engineer's secret weapon, bringing enlivening presence and fizz to your final mixes. In order to meet the exacting demands of such mission-critical application, the band crossovers now offer a choice of 6, 12, 24, 36 and 48 dB/octave roll-off slopes, the new 'Superb' High
Quality mode switches the plug-in to 32x oversampling for almost total elimination of aliasing, and the Linear Phase option ensures maximum coherence for the crossovers and High Quality modes.
- IMPROVED - 28 different distortion styles, from subtle tube saturation to heavy guitar amps and bit crushing
- IMPROVED- Multiband processing (up to 6 bands), with optional linear phase processing
- NEW - Adjustable slope for the crossovers, offering 6, 12, 24 and 48 dB/oct options
- Per-band drive, mix, feedback, dynamics, tone and level controls
- NEW- Live modulation visualization for targets and sources
- IMPROVED- Optional HQ modes: Good (8x oversampling) and Superb (32x oversampling)
- NEW - Fully redesigned, easy-to-use interface, including a new design of modulation sources and floating slot panel
- Interactive multiband display
- IMPROVED - Endless modulation options, with all the 16-step XLFOs, XY controllers/sliders, envelope generators, envelope followers, and MIDI sources you will ever need
- NEW - Curve control in EGs and transient detection in EFs
- Easy drag-and-drop modulation with 50-slot modulation matrix
- NEW - Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
- Mid/side processing
- NEW - Various interface sizes and Full Screen mode
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- Unique per-component presets
- Interactive MIDI Learn
- IMPROVED- Carefully designed and curated Factory Presets, plus support of V1 presets
- Per-band solo and mute options
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
- Undo, redo and A/B switch features
- Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 or Vista
- 64-bit or 32-bit
- VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- macOS 10.13 or higher (64-bit only)
- AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Apple Silicon or Intel processor