When creating Toraverb, we did not base it on any current reverb unit available in the market. We did not implement any “off-the-shelf” algorithm. Toraverb is not a classic type reverb unit like spring, room, hall or plate. Toraverb is a concept algorithm reverb. Using a set of easily accessible parameters, it allows the user to create practically ANY type of reverb.
Critical effect in any studio
Reverb is a critical effect in a mix. Final results depend on the reverb algorithm used and the quality of the implementation. Usually reverb is used as a send effect in which many channels in a mix are routed to it. If a low quality plug-in or hardware unit is used, the end results can sound very disappointing with the reverb tail sounding like it had been “ripped-off” in the mix.
High quality of diffusion
In Toraverb, we applied diffusing algorithms of the highest possible quality based on modified all-pass filters. By doing this and using properly tuned parameters, we can almost entirely eliminate unwanted flutter echo effects for every sound source.
Two parametric EQs
Toraverb is equipped with two independent, single band, fully parametric equalizers with 3 available curve types each. One is used to EQ early reflections and the other to EQ late reflections. This is an incredibly useful feature which provides a lot of control over the character of the reverb allowing to achieve most natural sound.
Toraverb also has an additional modulation parameter which affects the diffusing filters. These are responsible for the distribution of the sound waves reflections in time. By changing the modulation, the sound of the reverb tail can be altered to give a more realistic effect of sound propagation.
To give a better impression of physical space, we have added an innovative spatial reflection algorithm to Toraverb. It improves spatial reflections by allowing cross-talking of reflected stereo waves between stereo channels. This models what happens in the real world when a sound audible only in the left ear is reflected and is heard in both ears.
Early / Late mixer
For convenient blending Early and Late reflections together. Now with balance parameters, for both reflection types, working in Left / Right or Mid / Side domains yet expanding palette of possibilities.
- High quality diffusion network
- Pre-delay with optional tempo sync. NEW
- Reverb's tail modulation (with independent control for Early and Late reflections NEW
- Controllable crosstalking spatial reflections NEW
- Parametric EQ for Early and Late reflections (with 3 different curves each NEW
- Early and Late mixer (with stereo balance working in either L/R or M/Sdomains NEW
- Built-in ducker NEW
- Adjustable FX crossfade characteristics NEW
- Tag based preset browser NEW
- Two alternative GUI sizes NEW
- MIDI-learn functionality throughout NEW
- 64bit internal processing
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- 2.5 Ghz with SSE (Multicore system 2.8 Ghz recommended)
- 4 GB (8 GB recommended)
- VST / AAX compatible host application (32bit/64bit)
Mac OS X
- 10.7.x, 10.8.x, 10.9.x, 10.10.x
- Intel based 2.5 Ghz (2.8 Ghz recommended)
- 4 GB (8 GB recommended)
- AU / VST / AAX compatible host application (32bit/64bit)