A '70s classic resurrected
Fazortan 2 is the newest incarnation of our Controllable Space Phaser, part of the SilverLine Collection. Needless to say, we didn’t cut corners when striving for that robust, yearned-by-all analog feel. The Phase Shifter provides you with total control, allowing you to obtain highly precise sonic contours. If you’ve ever wondered what’s behind the swirling, ethereal synth vibes synonymous to Jean Michel Jarre's vintage sound, it has surprisingly less to do with the synths he chooses but in matching it with the analog phaser for which Fazortan 2 is a fine equivalent.
Thanks to our advanced analog modelling techniques based on Operational Transconductance Amplifiers, we implemented allpass filters comprising characteristics identical to its analog counterpart. In this update, we're even closer to the original hardware unit.
You can think of Fazortan 2 as an exact virtual replica of a ‘70s retro phaser, but whose identical sound and primary functions aren’t limited to the analog realm. Bearing in mind that the original had a single Rate knob and a Color switch on the front panel, Fazortan 2 stands alone as a completely new device - made obvious no less by its GUI - expanding on the features of its hardware counterpart.
Fazortan 2 starts off with two big, friendly LFO Rate knobs, coupled with a Waveform window and a depth knob. Unlike its hardware cousin, Fazortan 2’s LFOs have multiple waveform modes: triangular (like the original), sinusoidal, hyper-triangular and random.
Using both LFOs simultaneously opens new dimensional soundscapes that hardware users could only dream of. Endless contour diversity catapults source material from sluggish, monotonous swings to gurgling scrumbles*, just by slight tweaks of the the rate knob. It’s also now possible to add consecutive allpass stages as well as to regulate the feedback effect. The amount of stages
The feedback knob gives you sounds from soft pulses, rapid warbles and drilling insanity. To visually display how it works, consider white noise as an input signal. Moving the feedback knob will start to morph it into oncoming "sea waves” and cosmic wind. Additionally, each LFO can be modified by altering its respective phase for lush, wide imaging.
- True emulation of a classic analog “all-pass” phase shifter NEW Closer than ever to the hardware in version 2.
- 2 fully controllable LFOs
- LFO host sync
- Unique sound set apart from other digital phasers
- 64bit internal processing
- No harmonic distortions at output
- Tag based preset browser NEW
- Two alternative GUI sizes NEW
- MIDI-learn functionality throughout NEW
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- 1.5 Ghz with SSE (Multicore system 2.0 Ghz recommended)
- 4 GB (8 GB recommended)
- VST compatible host application (32bit/64bit)
Mac OS X
- 10.7.x, 10.8.x, 10.9.x, 10.10.x
- Intel based 1.5 Ghz (2.0 Ghz recommended)
- 4 GB (8 GB recommended)
- AU / VST compatible host application (32bit/64bit)