Blue Cat's AcouFiend is an acoustic feedback simulator plug-in that can make your guitars scream, growl, or sing, even at low volume or through headphones, and it gives you total control over it!
AcouFiend simulates the acoustic feedback (a.k.a "Larsen effect") well known to guitarists playing loud and close to their speaker... Except that here, you have total control over the effect.
You can choose when and how to trigger the feedback, on sustained notes or chords. The plug-in lets you select the main harmonic of the feedback, and you can even choose to transpose it for more creative effects.
Of course, it can be entirely automated or controlled via MIDI.
And since it is a plug-in, it is not just for guitars: create screaming synths, sustained vocal harmonies and more...
- Acoustic feedback simulator
- Total control over the feedback: adjust the rise and fall time, the sensitivity to pitch and amplitude changes, and the generated harmonic
- Supports chords
- Limit the range of notes that can produce feedback
- Transpose the feedback signal to create harmonies
- No latency
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any VST / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
Mac OS X
- An Intel processor.
- Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / AAX compatible application.