Balani is a 2 1/2 octave balafon (or balaphon) with small calabash resonators form Guinea. We decided that this no so rare instrument was worth a sample library especially because it has those "noise generators" in good condition.
Most of the time, people remove those because they don't like that noisy effect, but if you listen carefully to some traditional Balafon, you will hear them and we wanted it to be in our library.
The other interesting point about Balafons is the scale that usually is very different from the european ones. It originally plays a B major scale (20 notes) so we extended it (to 33 notes) for this library and also gave the possibility to fine tune it.
- 230Mb uncompressed, 125Mb compressed in lossless flac format, around 967 samples.
- 12 Velocity layers for the sustain.
- 4 takes per note to avoid the machine gun effect (round robins).
- about 13 Velocities for the release.
- Both original and corrected tunings are available for a traditional or contemporary sound.
- Advanced UVI scripting giving you access to a simple yet powerfull interface and advanced features.
Balani comes with its own sample player, the UVI Workstation 2 (requires v2.6.5 or later). We provide it for free with every library that you buy, you don't need to buy an expensive sampler to use our products.
- System Requirements
- MacIntel processors
- 2 GB of RAM
- MAC OS X 10.7 or higher (if you have 10.6 and want to use our products, please contact us to get an earlier version of UVI Workstation (2.1.8) and of the UFS files).
- Hard Drive: when using Streaming, faster drive will allow more voices to play
- Core duo or faster
- 2 GB of RAM
- Windows 7 or higher version, Windows 8 and 8.1
- Hard Drive: when using Streaming, faster drive will allow more voices to play, SSDs are the best choice (Solid State Drives).
- Plugin (VST / AU / AAX ) and in 32/64 bits