Hands-on delay with an analog flavor.
Comeback Kid lets you design custom delay sounds loaded with analog flavor. The plugin combines a versatile delay engine with 14 'one-knob effects' that add extra character to your delays and echos.
The effect lay-out is inspired by the creative workflow of hardware. With no sub-menus or hidden features, everything you need is right in front of you. So grab the knobs and start tweaking your delays to the next level!
SETUP YOUR DELAY:
BPM-synced modes: Straight, dotted, triplet. Free mode: 0.01 ms - 2500 ms. Ping-Pong option.
ADD SOME CHARACTER:
• Lo-Cut + Hi-Cut: Tame your delays with analog modeled filters.
• Attack + Sustain: Sculpt your delays with flexible transient designers.
• Cheap: Degrade your delays with a custom 11-bit signal path — modeled after vintage digital units.
• Tape: Warm-up your delays with analog-style tape saturation.
• Swirl:Add movement to your delays with an analog modeled phasing effect.
• Sauce: Add space to your delays with a touch of algorithmic reverb.
• Wider: Widen your delays through L/R time variations.
• Richer: Add dimension to your delays through L/R pitch variations.
• Pan: Place your delays in the stereo image.
• Mono: Turn your delays into mono.
• Ducker: Lower your delays when the dry signal is playing — for a cleaner, more modern sound.
• Destiny: Leave your delays to destiny by enabling a subtle randomization algorithm.
When in millisecond-mode you can set your delays down to 0.01ms precision. Do so by double-clicking the display in the middle of the delay engine and typing in the delay time you need.
Double click the “Comeback Kid” logo to disable the delay engine. This allows you to use the plugin’s flavoring tools on your dry signal, like a regular multi FX / color box.
Want a tape delay vibe for your lead synth, a modern slap on your vocals and a crunchy lofi echo on your guitars? Not a problem! The on-board flavoring tools can cover an almost endless variety of delay styles when mixed and matched. (Double click any knob to reset its value for a quicker workflow).
Daytime / Night time:
To those who work long hours in the studio, we created an alternative perspective to keep the eyes intrigued. Switch between day-view and night-view by clicking the top-left symbol.
Get some inspiration with 61 presets created by friends of BABY Audio. CK presets are designed by:
· Mick Schultz: Grammy Nominated, Multi-Platinum, producer for Rihanna, Kelly Clarkson, Jeremih etc.
· Anthony Saffery: Billboard #1 producer / engineer for Portugal. The Man, Dirty Vegas, Cornershop etc.
*For optimal results with the presets, gain stage the incoming signal to around -18db.