The Industry-standard for Audio Production
Avid Pro Tools makes music creation easy and fun for beginners and seasoned pros alike. Its optimized audio engine is the epitome of efficiency. Its interface is as easy to use as a tape deck, and its editing is legendary. Best of all, Pro Tools continues to evolve — new features are being added all the time. Seamlessly update tracks and timeline selections during playback without interruption. Benefit from up to 1,024 MIDI tracks (double that of previous versions).
Name your tracks effortlessly, courtesy of the Name field in the New Track dialog. You also get powerful features like Track Commit and Track Freeze, layered editing, and real-time fade manipulation. Beyond that, Avid Cloud Collaboration allows you to connect with talent all around the world. Now with support for macOS Mojave, Pro Tools is the industry standard for audio professionals.
Create at the Speed of Inspiration
From numerous new MIDI editing enhancements and retrospective MIDI recording, to the ability to save your favorite effects chains and instrument sounds as track presets, Pro Tools 2018 enables you to keep your creativity flowing.
Build sessions on the fly with Track Presets
Kick time-consuming tasks to the curb. With Track Presets, you can quickly save, catalog, and recall your favorite effects chains, vocal processing, session import criteria, and other track settings—boosting your efficiency—so you can spend more time creating.
Capture performances retroactively
Ever jam along to a song and nail the perfect run before hitting record? With retrospective MIDI recording, Pro Tools goes into “listen” mode even when you’re not recording, so you can retroactively drop those inspired improvisations into a track post performance, without missing a beat.
Take deeper control of your MIDI
Making music has never been easier. With numerous MIDI improvements and enhancements, you can fix and finesse every note to perfection—from transposing and trimming notes with the arrow keys, to building chords and scores faster than ever before.
Comp together the best takes
Build a Target Playlist of the best performances—from multiple playlists—right in Waveform view. It’s ideal when working with grouped tracks, making playlist management and viewing no longer a challenge. You can also now cycle through different takes within a clip using the arrow keys for faster review.
Retire your iLok smart key
Pro Tools and all Avid audio plug-ins now support iLok Cloud. That means you now have the option of putting your trusty old iLok key to rest and freeing an extra USB port for a MIDI keyboard or audio interface. Or continue using your iLok as before.
Get a better view of your mix
With new EQ curve graphs on all Mix window channel strips, you can see how your settings and automation are impacting each track in real time—even those with multiple EQs (supported plug-ins only). In addition, pre-fader sends and Automation lane view menu entries are now color-coded, making them easier to distinguish.
Collaborate In The Cloud
Easily share tracks and work on projects with anyone—anywhere. As if you’re all together in the same studio. And now Avid Cloud Collaboration for Pro Tools is better than ever, enabling you to work with up to 10 collaborators, including Pro Tools | First users.
Experience Great Power
You've got a ton of ideas. What you need is a workstation that can keep up with your creativity. Now that Pro Tools includes VCA Masters, Disk Cache, extended metering, and other advanced features, you can mix smarter and faster than ever.
See what more you can achieve with the advanced toolset.
Elevate Your Sound
How can you make your mixes really stand out? Having professional-quality sound processors at your disposal helps. That’s why Pro Tools comes packed with over 60 amazing virtual instruments, effects, and sound processing plug-ins, so you can sound your best. Plus, get access to 17 additional brand-new bonus plug-ins.
Immerse Yourself In Dolby Atmos
Give audiences the most immersive audio experience in the theater and at home. It's now easier than ever with Pro Tools | HD providing the most integrated and efficient Dolby Atmos mixing workflows of any DAW in the industry.
- With the latest release, you can now work with up to 10 collaborators in the cloud on a single project, including Pro Tools First users.
- With new enhancements to the way Pro Tools handles such clips, editing audio is easier than ever.
- Soundbase makes it a snap to browse, search, audition, explore, and experiment with loops, samples, and sound effects from nearly any sound library.
- You can now quickly adjust a fade in, fade out, or crossfade's shape directly in the Edit window using the Smart Tool.
- Get access to the latest loops created by the industry’s leading producers and sound designers.
- magine being able to work on a session with friends, colleagues, or your favorite artist or producer with ease
- With Project Revisions, you can explore new versions of a song or soundtrack, make notes, share ideas with others, and quickly jump back to any previous state from anywhere—without having to worry about breaking anything.
- With Track Freeze, you can quickly freeze or unfreeze all plug-ins on a track—or just up to a certain insert—to free up processing power.
- It’s now easier than ever to access and manage Pro Tools’ powerful playlists.
- Get access to all new Pro Tools releases, expert help, and a bonus collection of plug-ins with a Pro Tools subscription.
- Tracking vocals and instrument performances is now faster and easier than ever.
- Take your songwriting from sketchpad to final production with speed and ease.
- With the latest version of Pro Tools, you can simultaneously play back up to 128 audio tracks, 512 instrument tracks, and 512 MIDI tracks.
- With Pro Tools, you get 64-bit performance and dynamic host processing to keep your sessions running smoothly.
- Record pristine sound—at up to 32-bit/192 kHz—with a supported audio interface.
- Play HD video and Avid DNxHD sequences right in the timeline.
- Get access to a wide range of virtual instruments to record the parts you need.
- With Pro Tools, you can exchange sessions with any Pro Tools user or studio.
- Now clips take on a translucent appearance whenever you move and overlap one over another, giving you better visual clarity of their context.
- Shape and fine-tune your music and audio with professional, sample-accurate editing tools.
- With new fade enhancements, you can speed through repetitious tasks and gain more time to focus on the creative aspects of your mix.
- With the Beat Detective tool, you can quickly fix timing issues across multiple tracks to get him or her on the beat.
- With its elastic audio features, you can edit audio as easily as MIDI to fix what’s funky and quickly explore your creative options.
- With our free Pro Tools | Control iOS app, you can take wireless touch control of Pro Tools and other EUCON-enabled audio and video software to speed things along.
- With the included Avid Channel Strip plug-in, you get exact replications of the renowned EQ and compression algorithms of the Avid System 5.
- Mix and control groups of tracks faster and easier with VCA Masters.
- Work with dramatically more speed and precision using a hardware control surface to complete projects faster.
- Get access to 17 incredible bonus plug-ins with your Pro Tools subscription, new perpetual license purchase, or Avid Plug-in and Support plan.
- Add life to tracks and achieve the best mix possible through mix automation.
- With faster-than-real-time offline bounce, you can deliver final mixes or stems up to 150x faster.
- Polish mixes with over 75 included effects, sound-processing and utility plug-ins.
- Whether you've got a work in progress or a finished piece, Pro Tools makes it easy to share.
- Mac, PC
- iLok 2/3 or iLok Cloud account (internet connection required)
- Intel Core i7 processor or higher, 16GB RAM (32GB recommended), 15GB disk space
- Intel Xeon E7 processor or higher, 16GB RAM (32GB recommended), 15GB disk space
- macOS 10.13.6 to 10.15.5 (Catalina 10.15.4 not supported)
- Windows 10 or later