Akai - VIP 3.1.1 Standard
Direct control of your entire VST library for all keyboards
Akai’s award-winning VIP is the first and only music software that enables you to control your entire VST instrument and FX library directly from any keyboard.
Switch patches from all your VSTs in one place, instantly access pre-mapped plugin parameters for hands-on knob tweaking, customize pre-set loading from multiple VSTs using Setlists, and much more.
VIP extends the capabilities beyond what any DAW offers by empowering you to quickly create and play "multis." A multi allows you to combine up to 8 patches from 1 or more plugins, with the ability to layer, mix and pan these patches all at once.
VIP software users can also create setlists that provide on-demand access to your customized instruments for stage performance and studio work. By simply pressing a single button on any Keyboard, you can adapt to song changes as the live performance progresses-without ever reaching for your computer. That's what you want!
VIP also brings you an intelligent patch browser that works across all your VST instruments to let you quickly find sounds based on instrument type, timbre, style or articulation, or simply explore patches you never knew you had!
You'll also love VIP's facilities for browsing, key zone splitting, layering of up to 8 instruments per VIP instance, expansive custom mapping capabilities, and support for any VSTi plugin. You can run as many instances of the Virtual Instrument Player as your computer allows.
VIP is ideal for live performance and a Standalone App with a built in Digital Mixer. It also runs as a VSTi, AU, or AAX plugin, allowing you access to VSTi's in virtually any DAW, such as Pro Tools, Logic Pro X and Ableton Live.
- Plays virtually every VST-compatible plugin and effects unit
- Standalone virtual instrument and effects player for your computer
- Effects Browser - search effects by type and audition across multiple plugins with a single click
- Access, edit and mix up to 8 virtual instruments at one time in a Multi
- Effects Stacks combine multiple effects into recallable patches
- VIPMS – The VIP Native Plugin Map Standard allows 3rd party virtual instrument and effect developers to produce their own plugin maps for enhanced VIP integration
- MIDI Learn functionality seamlessly maps the controls of any VIP-compatible keyboard (knobs, encoders, faders, buttons) to VIP’s parameters
- Pad Chord Progressions - play chord progressions using a VIP-enabled keyboard controller’s pads
- Key Control modes: play scales, harmonised chords or chord progressions from a VIP keyboard or MIDI keyboard
- Setlist Feature - switch between patches from any plugin instantly from the keyboard
- Mac OSX
- AAX Native
- Audio Units