Learn the Circle of Fifths, Chord Theory, and More with Intermediate to Advanced Music Theory Software
eMedia Music Theory Tutor Volume 2 features over 200 lessons covering intermediate to advanced music theory topics and builds on the lessons found in Music Theory Tutor Volume 1. Learn about the construction of augmented and seventh chords; harmonic, melodic, and natural minor scales; modes; musical keys; the circle of fifths; phrasing; and more about melodic/harmonic relationships and cadences. Learn to analyze chord function and understand chord progression theory, complex time signatures, and syncopation to help you write and perform music better.
Images, audio, interactivity, and examples make it easier than ever to learn music theory. An Intelligent Practice feature in the music theory software acts an instructor would by analyzing your responses and skill levels and providing an individualized practice program to help you improve weak areas.
Many lessons let you enter pitches simply by humming, singing, or playing your instrument into the computer’s microphone. Tap rhythms, sing back melodies, guess intervals, and much more. Music Theory Tutor shows you when you are playing or singing the correct pitches in a lesson and lets you see your progress. Gain confidence as you pass music theory quiz at the end of each subject and at the end of every grade level completion.
Take your musical brain to the next level with eMedia Music Theory Tutor Volume 2!
- Learn music theory with a step-by-step curriculum designed by Dr. Gregory Simon, who has a Ph.D. in music composition from University of Michigan and has taught at the University of Colorado.
- Both music theory lessons and ear training in one great course.
- Exercises feature graphics, interactivity, and sound to make learning easier.
- Intelligent Practice that tracks your progress and selects questions to improve weak spots.
- The ability to view scores for each music theory quiz and other statistics to measure your progress.
- Rhythm lessons in counting and recognition of triplets, complex time signatures (3/8, 6/4, 5/4, 7/4, 5/8, and 7/8), and syncopation.
- Interactive music theory lessons for learning major and minor key signatures and the circle of fifths.
- Training exercises so your ear can recognize harmonic intervals, minor scale types, modes, plus augmented and 7th chords.
- Lessons on harmonic, melodic, and natural minor scale construction and modes.
- Chord theory lessons cover construction and recognition of chords including inversions.
- Lessons on chord progression theory covering chord function and cadence within progressions (tonic, dominant, subdominant, etc.), Roman numeral (I, IV, V, etc.) and figured bass notation, plus chord substitutions, phrasing, passing and pedal tones.
- Harmonic flowchart, major, minor, and two-voice harmony studies.
- Lessons and exercises in musical form and analysis (binary, ternary, rondo, phrasing, etc.) help you better understand composition.
- A harmonic flowchart plus major and minor harmony studies.
- Solfege studies, with arpeggio and sight singing.