DeFilter is an efficient tool to even out tonal imbalances in a recording or reduce resonant peaks or dips in the frequency spectrum. Even severe issues such as comb filter effects or standing waves from untreated rooms can be addressed.
DeFilter can match recordings to target profiles such as music or speech, or alternatively extract the overall timbre from the source – the large strokes – while evening out narrow peaks and dips. The latter removes resonances and comb filter effects effectively while preserving the tonal character of the input signal. Recordings can also be equalized to match a reference recording.
Great care has been taken to provide a user interface that is straightforward to use. Frequency dependent correction levels can be defined using custom curves, so that DeFilter can focus on problematic frequency ranges while leaving other frequency regions untouched. Realtime spectrum analyzers for both the input and output signals visualize the effect on the frequency spectrum.
- Fix issues in a mix prior to mastering
- Reduce resonances caused by untreated room acoustics
- Matched equalization (automatic equalization based on a reference signal)
- Improve clarity and intelligibility of speech
- Instant fix for nasty comb filter effects
System RequirementsPC Version (Windows)
- A Pentium IV or higher
- Minimum 256 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
- A host application that is compatible with VST (32 bit or 64 bit) or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)
- 64 bit Intel CPU
- OSX 10.6 or later
- A host application that is compatible with AU, VST or AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher)