Microphone bleed is the number one problem for any engineer who regularly records drums. It’s the biggest obstacle between producers and the sound of their dreams. Drumatom enables engineers to reduce or completely eliminate drum bleed, in a way that no other hardware or software can do.
For example, have you ever wished you could remove hihat leakage from the snare track? You can do that with Drumatom, not only during pauses but during exact snare hits as well. Drumatom also allows for flawless leakage reduction in all close microphones, resulting in a natural and open sound.
Even a subtle amount of the "Drumatom effect" can free up considerable amounts of headroom for the rest of your tracks. In addition, by removing leakage from the drum channels you can experiment with your mixing tools (EQs, Compressors, etc) without limitations, until you create the drum sound of your dreams! And to further improve your workflow, check also the drumatom player! The optional plugin companion to drumatom application allows for monitoring the leakage suppression inside the DAW session.
Drumatom is the world's first microphone leakage suppression tool! Taking advantage of the underlying, patent-pending a3 technology, you can adjust drum bleed according to your musical taste and dramatically improve the drum sound in your mix. Drumatom works offline, since the entire drum multi-track is needed in order to fuel the machine learning engine and separate leakage from the useful signal.
However, adjusting leakage inside the DAW is now possible with drumatom Player. This virtual instrument reads the drumatom .dls files and gives you the option to control drum bleed inside the DAW session.
Player allows for monitoring drumatom processing while listening to the complete mix and opens new creative possibilities. The amount of drum leakage is at your hands: you can adjust it easily and quickly in the same time with your Compression and EQ settings. Drumatom player gives you an unprecedented flexibility to put your personal touch in the drum sound and differentiate yourself as a producer.
- Improve the quality of faulty recordings by reducing microphone leakage
- Create headroom for the rest of your mix
- Slightly reduce the leakage of your drumset while keeping a fully natural drum sound
- Preserve low-level signals, such as ghost notes in a snare track
- Filter out bleed based on spectral content rather than amplitude
- Polish your sound by performing deeper individual processing on drum tracks
- Compress the snare track more aggressively, since there’s less or no hi-hat bleed
- Achieve authentic results
- Preserve the micro-dynamics of the drummer's performance
- Build your unique sound signature
- Avoid the excessive use of drum sample libraries
- In-DAW leakage adjustment
- Dial in drum leakage just like every other parameter in your mix
- Automate drumatom Player parameters
- Adjust leakage following drummer's performance
- Global Focus and Fine Tune
- Adjust leakage simultaneously in all your drum tracks
- Flexible routing
- Route drumatom Player outputs to any available DAW channel
- System Requirements
• Version 10.9.0 or later
• Formats: AU (32/64 bit), VST (32/64-bit), AAX Native (64 bit), RTAS
• Version 7 SP1 or later
• Formats: VST (32/64 bit), AAX Native (64 bit)